Thursday, January 5, 2012

Haul: Japanese fake eyelashes

While in Japantown shopping for some EXTREMELY late Christmas shopping, I wandered into Ichiban-kan and Daiso. Daiso is kind of like the dollar store, except everything is imported and Japanese, and the price point is $1.50, unless otherwise labeled. Most of the things in the store are made for the company and are Daiso branded. Ichiban-kan is kind of like Daiso in what they carry, except the price points are a little higher at times and there's a wider variety of home supplies. I also find that the quality seems to be a little bit better. In Japantown, San Francisco Ichiban-kan is a smaller store, but they've been in the building for much longer than Daiso has. Daiso moved into Japantown in the last few years and recently expanded their store when the store space next to them, formerly a furniture store, opened up. Both stores offer a lot in the way of Japanese snacks and also kitchen supplies, with some area dedicated to beauty and school supplies.

What I brought today might be called frivolous spending, because I've never really used false eyelashes before. I vaguely remember buying some ELF falsies at one point, but I don't recall what happened to them. Either one of my sisters took them, or they've disappeared into the abyss of stuff in my school apartment. I am interested though, and at this price point, they really weren't too bad. 

From Ichiban-kan, among other things, I got three duos of eyelashes and an eyelash case.

At Daiso, I got one duo of eyelashes and eyelash glue. Also some plant soap. I'm always searching for the perfect soap for face, but if this ends up too harsh, I can always use it as body soap or hand soap.

All products featured in this post were brought for $1.50 (+TAX) each.

I'm excited. Hopefully sooner or later I'll post some photos with the falsies on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment